The Certified Business Relationship Manager® or CBRM® Practitioner Qualification is a 4.5 day classroom or online course that is intended for the intermediate to advanced Business Relationship Manager and focuses on performing the role of Strategic Business Relationship Manager. The primary focus is on strategic business relationship management leveraged to optimize value to the enterprise. The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply CBRM guidance in a given scenario situation.
The CBRM training and certification program is intended for Business Relationship Managers, with the training and certification designed to provide an intermediate level of knowledge.
Service Management Art, our parent company, is accredited by the Business Relationship Management Institute to deliver these courses. For more information on the BRM Institute click here.
The target group for the CBRM course is:
- Business leaders.
- Provider leadership and management staff.
- BRMs looking for additional formal training and certification.
- Anyone interested in developing a deeper understanding of the relationship between the Business Partner and Provider.
This course is delivered in multiple formats:
- 4.5 days of classroom instruction with the certification exam being offered on the last morning.
- 4.5 days online with a live instructor. Students receive a voucher to write the exam online at a later date of their choosing within 30 days of completion of the course.
The certification exam is included with the registration. It consists of 4 questions worth 20 marks each, giving a maximum of 80 total marks. The exam is scenario based and the duration is 2.5 hours. Students must get 40 (50%) or more of the questions correct to pass the exam. Students will need the CBRM Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge to use as a reference source during the exam. No other materials are permitted.
Minimum class size is 6 students, maximum class size is 16 students.
One official mock exam will be provided during the course.
The following link will take you to the official Combined BRMP® and CBRM syllabus:
Combined BRMP and CBRM Syllabus
Students will receive a copy of the classroom presentation material, practice exam, homework and assignments.
Candidates must hold a Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) certificate.
The official “CBRM Guide to the BRM Body of Knowledge” is required for this course. For classroom based courses only, this guide will be provided with the course materials. For online courses, the guide must be purchased here: https://brm.institute/cbrm-guide/ Please note that this is a physical book and to allow time for shipping.
Online Training Requirements
The following requirements must be met in order to participate in online training:
- All online sessions will be delivered through Adobe Connect.
- Students require access to a fast and reliable internet connection and a headset and microphone. All audio will be run through your computer, Voice-over-IP, as there is no dial-in option for this training.
- Test your connection here. Your local IT department should be able to assist with installing Flash and the Adobe Connect plug-in if there are any difficulties.
- All sessions are mandatory.
The candidate will demonstrate deep understanding and ability to perform the Strategic BRM role. Specifically, the candidate should be able to:
- Effectively communicate the purpose and objectives of the Strategic BRM role and how to optimally position that role for maximum effectiveness within the enterprise.
- Explain how to use their personal power and influence to build business relationships and foster culture that excels at business value results.
- Apply the Strategic Relationship Management processes and techniques to build and sustain trust relationships spanning Business Partner and Provider networks.
- Assess Business Demand Maturity and Business Relationship Maturity and how these might evolve over time.
- Assess Provider Capability Maturity and BRM Competencies and identify key areas needing improvement.
- Apply cross-organization communication techniques to clearly articulate real Provider/business value delivered to the organization.
- Discuss how to influence executive leaders in their use of Provider Capabilities and Assets based upon potential business value and convergence with business strategy.
- Explain how to promote business innovation in the BRM’s sphere of influence.
- Use the Business Value Management process, techniques and metrics to help define, realize and optimize the value of Provider capabilities and assets.
- Know how to apply Business Partner Experience Management so as to create a positive Business Partner perception of Provider capabilities as an essential element of building and sustaining trust relationships.
- Shape strategic agendas for optimum business value, with due consideration of external compliance requirements and potential risks to the business.
- Explain the implications of Lean/Agile type methods for the BRM role and capability.
- Recommend effective approaches for influencing the development and deployment of available Provider capabilities based upon business need and potential to enable or create business value.
- Apply Business Capability Management techniques to determine how strategic business outcomes can be achieved and sustained.
- Contribute to Business Transition Management by identifying key stakeholders, analyzing transition networks and planning transition management to achieve organizational understanding, support, adoption, and business value results of investments in new business capabilities.
The above learning objectives will be explored through the following learning units:
- Understanding Relationship Maturity and Value.
- Assessing BRM Context.
- Developing Strategic Relationships.
- Optimizing Business Value.
- Exam Prep and the official CBRM exam.
All attendees will be provided with 2 hours of individual coaching after the course (to be used within 90 days of the last day of the course).
Certified Business Relationship Manager®, CBRM® and BRMP® are registered trademarks of Business Relationship Management Institute.
The CBRM® and Accredited by APMG International Swirl Device logo is a trademark of Business Relationship Management Institute and the APMG Group Limited. All rights reserved.
Ready to Enroll?
Would you like a dedicated course at your location? Just let us know!
Arrange Onsite Workshop