The Business Relationship Management Professional® or BRMP® course is a 3 Full Day Classroom, 5 Half Day Instructor Led Online or 3 Full Day Instructor Led Online Course that immerses the student in the principles of Business Relationship Management. Service Management Art, our parent company, is accredited by the Business Relationship Management Institute to deliver these courses. For more information on the BRM Institute click here.
The BRMP training and certification program is intended for Business Relationship Managers, with the training and certification designed to provide a solid baseline level of knowledge.
The target group for the BRMP course is:
- Business leaders accountable for IT.
- IT leadership and management staff.
- BRMs looking for formal training and certification.
- Anyone interested in developing a deeper understanding of
the relationship between the business and IT.
This course is delivered in multiple formats:
- Three full days of classroom instruction with the certification exam being offered towards the end of the third day.
- Three full days or five half days online with a live instructor. Students receive a voucher to write the exam online at a later date of their choosing within 30 days of completion of the course.
The certification exam is included with the registration. The exam is 40 minutes long and consists of 50 multiple choice questions. You must get 25 (50%) or more of the questions correct to pass the exam.
For classroom courses, the minimum class size is 6 students and the maximum class size is 16 students.
One official mock exam will be provided during the course.
The following link will take you to the official Combined BRMP and CBRM® Syllabus:
Combined BRMP and CBRM Syllabus
Students will receive a copy of the classroom presentation material, practice exam, homework and assignments.
There are no other prerequisites for the BRMP training.
Online Training Requirements
The following requirements must be met in order to participate in online training:
- All online sessions will be delivered through Adobe Connect.
- Students require access to a fast and reliable internet connection and a headset and microphone. All audio will be run through your computer, Voice-over-IP, as there is no dial-in option for this training.
- Test your connection here. Your local IT department should be able to assist with installing Flash and the Adobe Connect plug-in if there are any difficulties.
- All sessions are mandatory.
Holders of the BRM Institute Business Relationship Management Professional credentials will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- The characteristics of the BRM role.
- What it means to perform as a strategic partner, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the provider’s services.
- How Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques are used to maximize realized business value.
- Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs that minimize “value leakage”.
- The BRM role in Service Management and how to align service and service levels with business needs.
- How to communicate effectively and persuasively.
BRM Role introduction
- Be able to explain the goals and objectives of the BRM role.
- Understand why the BRM role is gaining importance and how it is evolving in response to business and provider forces.
- Explain the concepts of Business Demand Maturity and Provider Supply Maturity and how these impact the BRM role.
- Understand the drivers of relationship maturity.
- Understand how to differentiate between tactical and strategic BRM roles and how these relate to the different BRM Maturity Model levels.
- Understand the operating model and how it relates to Business Relationship Management.
- Understand the business partner’s decision cycle.
Organizing for BRM
- Understand the scope of BRM engagement through the service lifecycle.
- Understand the different way BRM teams can be organized.
- Be able to explain common BRM reporting and organizing structures.
- Understand Capability Roadmaps.
- Provide value-centric definition of a service.
- Define Service Management and understand its key principles.
- Be able to use the Value Management Framework to link business strategy, provider strategy, portfolio and the business case to shape priorities and communicate business value.
- Understand how Business Outcomes help to clarify strategic initiatives, manage scope and determine value metrics.
- Understand the relationships between Project, Program and Portfolio Management and how these work together to optimize business value.
- Co-develop, with your business partner, a Relationship Strategy-on-a-Page and corresponding mutual Relationship Contract.
Business Transition Management and Powerful Communications
- Understand what is required to motivate stakeholders to actively engage in strategic change initiatives.
- Understand the key roles to be orchestrated in managing large scale or strategic change.
- Recognize people’s emotional response to change and help them to cope with it.
- Understand the sources of resistance to change and how to mitigate them.
- Understand the stages of commitment to change and how deep a commitment level to pursue for a given type of change.
- Understand the components of effective communication.
- Understand how to influence those over whom they do not have direct control.
- Convey the unique value proposition of the BRM role.
Business Relationship Management Professional®, BRMP® and CBRM® are registered trademarks of Business Relationship Management Institute.
The BRMP® and Accredited by APMG International Swirl Device logo is a trademark of Business Relationship Management Institute and the APMG Group Limited. All rights reserved.
Ready to Enroll?
Would you like a dedicated course at your location? Just let us know!
Arrange Onsite Workshop