Introduction to the workshop
Changing one or two behaviours is often sufficient to make significant changes in an organization. In this workshop we simplify the process of assessing behaviours. The board comes with over 150 cards that are focused on behaviours that need to stop, start or continue. The behaviour cards are divided into the following categories:
- Strategy & Priority
- Business Value
- Team & Partnership
- Decision Making
These pre-defined cards reduce the effort required, stimulates other ideas, and significantly reduce the time to come up with an assessment of behaviours per stakeholder. After the assessment of the current behaviour an action plan can be defined on the discussion board to help organize the ideas. This board helps keep the participants focused on what is important, instead of discussing the detail of the activities. It also helps address issues here personal bias may pose difficult.
Step 1 – Intake Interview
Before the start of the workshop an intake interview and/or questionnaire is filled in. This will provide information for the facilitator that helps her/him to fine tune the workshop according to your organizations:
- Strategic Context
- Need for Change
- Industry and geographical distribution
- Business Relationship Management Team Goals and Objectives
Step 2 – The Workshop
The workshop is one day in length. The length is dependent on the level of detail that is required for the roadmap, and the time you have available. It is possible to combine this workshop with the BRM Capability Improvement workshop.
The workshop will consist of the following activities:
- Select the context for the behaviour assessment
- Select stakeholders that you want to assess.
- Select STOP / START and CONTINUE behaviour cards that match closely the current behaviours.
- Assess which behaviours are most important to work on. Move these to the planning stage.
- Select Barriers for these behaviours.
- Select Actions to improve.
Creation of a clear action plan to address specific behaviours.
- Business Relationship Management (BRM) Teams
- Business Relationship Management (BRM) Leads
- Provider Management Teams
Step 3 – Post Workshop
The workshop will use the discussion board as a way to capture the results. At the end of the workshop the results will be provided in a summary document to the sponsor of the workshop.