To be able to improve you need to know where you currently are. The objective of the BRM assessment is to provide a roadmap for improvement for a Business Relationship Management group in an organization.
The assessment and roadmap are based on best practices from various frameworks such as the BRMI® BOK, COBIT® (Enterprise Governance of IT), ITIL® and Lean IT.
To be able to assess the maturity and the role of the BRM group relative to Business-IT convergence the following 6 criteria will be used in the BRM assessment:
- Competency and Value Measurements
- Scope and Architecture
BRMI® is a registered trademarks of Business Relationship Management Institute.
COBIT® is a Registered Trade Mark of Information Systems Audit and Control Association.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The assessment consists of four key steps:
- Initiation – to learn and gather information of what is currently happening
- Review – to examine the processes and organizational practices
- Analysis – to evaluate and document observations and recommendations
- Roadmap Development – high level activities with prioritized recommendations
We use a combination of interviews and workshops to assess the current situation.
The assessment can be aligned to your needs. Assessment can be done in a time period of 2 to 6 weeks depending on the size of the organization and geographic distribution.